Last updated: November 7, 2020
Your privacy is important to The Addy Foundation, and all other affiliated entities (“TAF” or “we”) and we know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On our Site: addyfoundation.org; and
• In email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
• TAF offline or through any other means, including by phone or on any other website operated by any third party; or
• any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on our Site.
Collection of Information
TAF also actively and passively gathers, analyzes and/or stores some Personal Information and other information through various other sources and methods, including without limitation, device information gathered when you visit the Site through mechanisms that identify site usage, browser types, IP addresses, and other usage information as set forth below. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer or network when you are linked to the Internet. When you request pages from this Site, our Site may log your IP address. We may use IP address for a number of purposes, such as system administration, to report aggregate information or to audit the use of the Site. We may associate your IP address with the Personal Information you provide.
Grant Application Information
In the case of grant applications, we may ask for personal information such as your name, mailing and billing address, zip code, phone number, billing information, email address and any other information required to register you and complete your application. In doing so, we use technology from third parties, including Foundant Technologies, Inc. to help manage the grant application process.
We maintain records of all grant applications made to TAF. TAF strives to keep such information private and confidential and we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure such information.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
When your computer or mobile device contacts our web servers (for example, when you visit this Site, or view an HTML e-mail), our web servers automatically collect usage information (“Usage Information”). Such usage information includes information about how our visitors use and navigate our Site. It can include aggregate information such as the number and frequency of visitors to each page and the length of their stays, browser type, and referrer data that identifies the web page visited prior and subsequent to visiting our Site. We also may determine the applicable technology available in order to serve you the most appropriate version of the Site, a web page, e-mail, or similar service.
TAF does not engage in the collection of Personal Information over time and across third-party websites, and we do not permit third parties to gather information passively on our Sites for behavioral advertising purposes.
How We Use the Information We Collect
TAF uses Usage Information to analyze and improve this Site and to provide you with a more fulfilling and relevant experience. TAF shall own non-personal Usage Information and may maintain copies of such as part of its records indefinitely.
Sharing Your Information
- To service providers and other third parties we use to support TAF and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Examples of these services include: (a) content providers and technology plug-ins (including third party video and other media players); (b) payment processors, (c) marketing and promotional material distribution, (d) website evaluation, (e) data collection, storage, management, analysis and, where applicable, cleansing, and (f) any other services designed to assist us in achieving our mission. These third parties may have access to this Site’s user information, including Personal Information, to the extent it is needed to perform their duties and functions.
- To a successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of TAF’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by TAF about our Site users, donors or clients is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or otherwise with your consent.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of TAF, our grantees or others.
We may disclose aggregated, non-personal Usage Information about our users without restriction.
Opt-Out of the Access to Personal Information
If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used by TAF as noted above, please notify TAF directly at email@example.com. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TAF may be required to use your Personal Information to complete transactions requested by you or to cooperate with government officials or parties in litigation under process of law, or as otherwise required by law and/or to protect against legal liability.
Please note that the limitations on TAF’s use of Personal Information and Usage Information as set forth above do not apply in the event of a transfer of TAF’s assets, and Usage Information and Personal Information owned or in the possession of TAF may be transferred, distributed or sold as part of TAF or its assets, except as prohibited by law. However, in the event of such a transfer TAF will take steps to ensure that the buyer agrees to abide by the privacy obligations herein.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Site users may request access to, review or modify their Personal Information maintained by TAF by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect or if the identity of the requesting party cannot be verified.
TAF has implemented security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse and alteration of any Usage Information or Personal Information under TAF’s control. Nevertheless, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of information on the Site, and TAF is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. By using this Site, you understand that there is a risk that data and communications, including email and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties when communicated over the Internet. The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, a California resident with whom TAF has an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information TAF has shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes (if any), and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. In response to a written request, TAF is allowed to provide a cost-free means to opt-out of such sharing.
Since TAF does not provide your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, it is not necessary for us to establish this procedure; however, if you do not want TAF to use your Personal Information to provide information about our programs, please follow the cost-free opt-out procedures in this policy.
Site Location; Transfer of Information to the United States
Information of Children
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 years. We will not request personally identifiable information from anyone whom we know to be under the age of 13. By using our Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years old. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 13 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her Personal Information.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of their covered information, as those terms are defined in Nevada law, by submitting such request to our designated email address: email@example.com; however, please note that we do not sell your covered information as defined by Nevada law.